Re: [xml] Xml schema generation

On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 03:54:50PM -0800, Yong Chen (yongche) wrote:
Certainly one way is to treat schema file as a normal xml file, so the
normal xml tree APIs (such as xmlNewChild) can be used. But are there
any APIs specially designed for schema creation?

  No, this starts IMHO to be outside of the scope of the library.

And normally how do people create schema files?

  When I see some of the abominations I get handled in bug reports
they are tool generated, but with really really bad tools and without
much human checking.
  XSD is highly fragile as a spec (i.e. the behaviour is far from clear
even in not so complex areas), if you put an intermediary level on top
you're IMHO taking very risky bets, it is not a solid foundation, and
a lot of human checking should be done to verify that What You Get Isi
What You Expect.

Daniel