RE: [xml] libxml2-2.6.22 static vs. dynamic on Windows

I cannot replicate this problem (though I tested with current CVS source
rather than 2.6.22 source). Can you provide a bit more detail about when
this occurs? What is being linked at the time? Does the build procedure
succeed in generating any (or all) of the "test" applications?

I note that your linker message refers to "___xmlIndentTreeOutput" (with
three underscores), but the entry point in the DLL is
"__xmlIndentTreeOutput" (with two underscores). I don't recall the ins
and outs of MSVC name decoration, and I think this may be perfectly
normal, but it might indicate problems with calling convention
declarations.

You might be a bit overgenerous in setting build options - e.g.,
defining both "include" (where the build procedure will search for
headers) and "inc_dir" (where the
build procedure will attempt to install headers) to the same directory.

Eric Zurcher
CSIRO Plant Industry
Canberra, Australia
Eric Zurcher csiro au