Re: [xml] libxml2-2.6.22 static vs. dynamic on Windows

Floodeenjr, Thomas wrote:
Hello,

On Windows, I see a difference between the static and dynamic libraries.
When I link with the dynamic library, I get this error:

("error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ___xmlIndentTreeOutput").

I do not get this error with the static version of libxml2.

Not sure why you are getting that error as the library does export it and links to it fine (at least on my system).

You can check the libxml2.dll you built using: "dumpbin /EXPORTS libxml2.dll" or the Dependency Walker tool to see if it really is being exported. If you use dumpbin, you might want to pipe the output to a file and check there as there are a lot of exports.

Rob