[xml] RE: win32 file support for building libxml

Hi Manish,

You don't really need the iconv_a.lib file at all. The libxml2 MSVC make
procedure just looks for a file named "iconv.lib" when linking (assuming
iconv support has been selected during configuration). The DLL import
library version would normally be used, and that's all that is required.

But there might be circumstances (I suppose) where one wishes to build
libxml2 with iconv support, but doesn't want to use the libiconv DLL. If
that is the case, then one can just move the DLL import library version
out of the way, rename iconv_a.lib back to iconv.lib, and do the make.

In short, the static version of iconv.lib (iconv_a.lib) is provided as a
convenience for anyone wishing to make use of it, but it isn't normally
required or used.

Eric Zurcher
CSIRO Plant Industry
Canberra, Australia