Re: [xml] How to add GB2312 charset

On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 07:21:08PM -0400, frankpeng netscape net wrote:
My libiconv also has GB2312. But my libxml2 does not have GB2312.

  define "libxml2 does not have GB2312" show me the problem ! Instructions
are at:
    http://xmlsoft.org/bugs.html
 works for me here.
paphio:~/XML -> cat tst.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="GB2312"?>
<doc/>
paphio:~/XML -> xmllint tst.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="GB2312"?>
<doc/>
paphio:~/XML ->

What I am doing is to set up an Apache Reverse Proxy Server. It works fine with Other language.

  Check with the persons implementing it. You are talking about code I don't
know, I have no idea what it does, why it use libxml nor how.

The mod_proxy_html uses HTMLParser.h.
Probably, HTMLParser.h calls libxml2.
cd /usr/local/libxml2
grep GB2312 *
cd include/libxml2
grep GB2312 *
Nothing shown with GB2312.
Nothing with EUC-CN either.

  Tell me why you think you need to find "GB2312" there ? This makes absolutely
no sense. If the support is in libiconv why do you expect libxml2 would have to
handle it directly ? It delegate the work to libiconv, precisely!

Please help!

  Sorry, I can't debug your proxy.

Daniel