Re: [xml] Migration from MS XML and minimal build questions...

Hi,

-----Original Message-----
From: xml-bounces gnome org [mailto:xml-bounces gnome org] On
Behalf Of Daniel Veillard

On Sun, Jun 25, 2006 at 10:46:18AM +0100, David Kelvin wrote:
On 24/06/06, Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> wrote:

[...]

PS. Yes - if I get it working I will try and reduce the library.  As
you
know (certainly by now!), I do only need a minimal set of the large
functionality of libxml2.  From what I have seen of the changes to
libxml2,
they are mostly in new functionality rather than the support of
parsing and validation.

  XSD validation is horribly difficult and only start to be finalized,
it accound for a large part of the changes in recent releases.

[...]

Nevertheless, rebuilding of a reduced library is not that
hard. On my side it sums up to starting 1 batch file.

The XML Schema processor is one of the modules which is
currently under development; however, and only a few important
parts are missing (e.g. checks for complex type restriction,
checks for IDREF).
Note that the validation error messages are only available in
english; there's no mechanism available (like in MSXML) to
modify this.

As Daniel already explained, the options you set with
MS's interface reflect the default behaviour of the parser and
XML Schema processor.
The xmlReader interface is recommended for streaming XML Schema
validation (it uses SAX internally).

Regards,

Kasimier