Re: [xml] libxml2 platforms

On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 09:09:50AM +0200, Manfred Rahmig wrote:
(1) First I would be interested in your opinion if this is the right
    strategy?

  Completely depends. On Fedora/RHEL I maintain the package, others do
a good job on other Linux distro, for legacy systems and Windows all
bets are off

(2) If so, I would like to know, what is the
    - official site to get the source code from

   from ftp://xmlsoft.org/libxml2

    - is there all the information available (compilerswitches, ....)
      how to finally build the binaries on all of the above platforms

   ./configure --prefix=... ; make ; make install
 on relatively sane platforms. For windows see the readme in win32 subdir.

Daniel