RE: [xml] LSB specification for libxml2 library

Hi,

On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 18:23 -0800, Banginwar, Rajesh wrote:
Thanks Kasimier.

We updated specs on the lsb website to cover your comments. All those
types are now removed from the spec. We will really appreciate if you
can provide any other information; a list of what should be removed or
as you said, a list of what should be exposed. If you provide a list of
what should be exposed, we will cross check the specs.

First, sorry for the late response; I hope the changes I'll propose can still
be discussed/applied.
Second, thank you - and all others involved - for the effort of
creating the LSB spec for Libxml2!

I would like to export only the following functions in
"xmlschemastypes.h" of _LSB_:

Initialization/finalization of the module:
xmlSchemaInitTypes()
xmlSchemaCleanupTypes()

Acquire built-in types:
xmlSchemaGetBuiltInType()

Validation against built-in types:
xmlSchemaValPredefTypeNode()
xmlSchemaGetValType()
xmlSchemaFreeValue()

Value comparison:
xmlSchemaCompareValues()

Utilities:
xmlSchemaCollapseString()
xmlSchemaGetCanonValue()

All the other functions are either considered deprecated or only needed
to have a way of accessing inner functionality of the WXS data-type
module from withit the WXS structures (xmlschemas.c) module. The removal
of all other functions will make it easier to refactor the internals of
both WXS modules in the future.

Are there any objections to shrink the function entry points of that
module to those above?

No changes to the type-definitions of that module as they are currently
displayed at: http://www.linuxbase.org/spec//book/XML/XML.html ; i.e.
I'm fine with them.

Regards,

Kasimier