Re: [xml] Apparently incorrect paragraph wrapping in HTML parser

On Wednesday 11 January 2006 17:59, iSteve wrote:
Daniel Veillard said (on IRC, though not on this mailing list) that he's
waiting for feedback about how to fix this issue.

I for myself have to say I'd remove it completely; I do not think it is
reasonable to have the document altered by the parser in first place;
I've found some more issues with it in the mailing list, too.
(http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xml/2002-October/msg00047.html)

Since DV didn't ask himself -- it is after all me who wants this bug
fixed -- I have to ask: what do all of you think about it? Any
suggestions how it should be resolved?

We use the HTML parser in NetSurf, a browser (http://netsurf.sourceforge.net/).

We're happy with the current behaviour of the parser (which isn't what you
describe in your original message in the latest version). I agree that the
parser mostly shouldn't alter the document, although the current behaviour of
inserting implied html, head, and body is useful.

I'd prefer if the parsing was not affected by the Doctype, because it's mostly
meaningless on the web.

James