Re: [xml] Failing to compile context epression when using xmllint

On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 10:18:57AM -0600, Kiran Lakkaraju wrote:
I'm using xmllint to validate  and xml instance with a schematron schema.
I'm getting an error when i use  predicates in the rule element, for the
context attribute.
[...]
I checked out the Schematron docs, and they say that we can use an XPath
expression for the rule context. What is going wrong here?

  schematron.c: line 13:
  TODO:
     - the semantic of libxml2 patterns vs. XSLT production referenced
       by the spec.

 I think you're hitting a bug. I didn't finished that module, after requesting
test suite a couple of time in various forums and not getting any feedback,
I lost interest, and focused on other stuff. Despite the ISO standaridization
track it was looking like noone was really interested in a native
implementation, I take patches, the code should not be very hard. Or you
can report the bug in bugzilla (always a good idea) but I don't know when
it may be fixed.

Daniel