Re: [xml] more questions on catalogs

John Hockaday ga gov au wrote:
There are some people who can't write to the /etc/ directory and therefore
can't locate the catalog in /etc/xml/catalog.  Hence during compilation there
should be an option to load it into a directory where the usr can write to.

I thought that there was, and if not should be, a option to pass to the
libxml2 binaries that allows one to set where the catalog file is located.
My two cents worth.

John

What's wrong with the XML_CATALOG_FILES environment variable? If you
can't set it in the shell configuration that your program will run in,
then your could read the location from a configuration file and use
setenv or putenv. This is what I have done, and I find it very flexible
as I have a number of programs which need to use different catalog
files.

Chris