Re: [xml] (Hacky) XML includes

On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 07:55 -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 11:31:53PM +1100, Michael Abbott wrote:
what I want to use in this circumstance?  The DOM would probably be more
appropriate for what I'm trying to do, it just appeared that SAX was
better suited to this kind of hacky include mechanism -- maybe there's a
mechanism within the DOM for this?

  All this is not conformant.
For a real, already implemented include mechanisme see XInclude
   http://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude/
   http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-xinclude.html

Now if you really still need to process non conformant inclusion you
can try to use xmlParseInNodeContext:
  http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-parser.html#xmlParseInNodeContext

But there is no normative description of that API, since it's not standard

I knew you guys would start talking about the conformant way to do
includes ;).  Unfortunately in this case the XML files are defined by a
3rd party (Winamp Wasabi) so I do not have control over the format of
the XML documents :-/.

xmlParseInNodeContext() looks promising - I'll have a play around with
it!

Thanks again,
- Mab