Re: [xml] XML_CATALOG_DEBUG enhancement suggestion and yet another question

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 11:37:03AM -0800, Rick Jones wrote:
It might be nice if the debug output stated what it was going to use
based on that match.

 okay, I take patch, this is debug output so I'm fine extending it !

this is against 2.6.23, berifly tested with xmllint:

  okay, applied to my tree, thanks will commit,

I have a typescript of a compilation of vanilla 2.6.23 under HP-UX 11.23
with the HP compilers.  There are some warnings and I can pass them along
if you like.

  Sure attach them to another mail in a different thread, thanks

BTW, in line 1164 of catalog.c there is a compare of xmlDebugCatalogs with
1, but it isn't clear that it can ever be > 1 except perhaps with the
xmlcatalog command itself, which seems to be the only thing that calls
xmlCatalogSetDebug. I'm not sure if that is a bug or not or even if I've
 fully understood the code, but I thought I'd mention it.

  xmlCatalogSetDebug is a public API so any application of libxml2 could
set it to more than 1, I guess it's to avoid XML_DEBUG_CATALOG env to
be too verbose.

Daniel