Re: [xml] Potential wrong usage of xmlIsID() in tree.c

On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 02:53:00PM +0100, Kasimier Buchcik wrote:
On Mon, 2006-02-20 at 13:56 -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:
  Not an error. It is intended.XInclude works at the infoset level,
i.e. IDNess is computed at parse time but a property of the node
(or rather the attribute on the node), and that property is maintained
when genertaing the resulting XIncluded tree.

Daniel

What confuses me in the XInclude example is the following sentence:

"The infoset resulting from resolving inclusions on this document is the
same (except for the include history and language properties) as that of
the following document:"
... and then the doc with no IDs is displayed.

I understand this as: if we parse the document and look at the created
infoset, then this (except for the include history and and language
properties) is what the result-infoset should look like.
The @id on <description id="w002-description" .../> does not have a
[attribute type] of ID.

  The infoset resulting from the transformation has it, but you can't
print an infoset, so the reserialization of the result document is shown
if you reparse it you don't get the XInclude result, but that's notmal.

If the example would use the xml:id,
i.e. <description xml:id="w002-description" .../>,
then it would be easier to understand. Hmm, but I don't know if xml:id
produces an [attribute type] of ID.

  XInclude predates xml:id, so we could not use it.

Daniel