Re: [xml] Potential wrong usage of xmlIsID() in tree.c

On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 06:43:34PM +0100, Kasimier Buchcik wrote:
line with how XInclude works and imo would make it easy for a user to

I took a look at the XInclude spec, but it seems - to me - to make no
explicit mention of what happens with ID attributes. It does say what
to do with IDREF attributes though.

In the "Fragment Inclusion Example" of this spec, the included
fragment has some ID attributes, which are converted to non-ID
attributes in the resulting infoset. So I wonder if this example
is just broken, or is preserving IDness from XIncluded fragments
just a myth? Did I miss something?
http://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude/#fragment-example

  Not an error. It is intended.XInclude works at the infoset level,
i.e. IDNess is computed at parse time but a property of the node
(or rather the attribute on the node), and that property is maintained
when genertaing the resulting XIncluded tree.

Daniel