[xml] RelaxNG Question

Because I haven't found a more appropriate venue for this question.

In RelaxNG, let's say that you have 2 attributes. And you would like to make a named pattern for them, such that it matches the attributes if one of them or both of them are found. Is it possible to specify this without saying:

<choice>
   <group>
      <ref name="attrib1"/>
      <ref name="attrib2"/>
   </group>
   <ref name="attrib1"/>
   <ref name="attrib2"/>
</choice>

Because I have a schema now where I would want to have 3 (and in some cases, possibly more) of these defined. That would require a lot of extraneous manipulation.

So, does RelaxNG have something for this?