Re: [xml] Streaming XPath Support

On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 11:01:45AM -0800, Stanley Poon (spoon) wrote:
My understanding is that the current support is mainly for the Selector
in XSD.

  right though we also use it to speed-up simple XPath queries

Are there any plan to enhance the support for streaming Xpath such as
//, *, simple predicates, etc.

  I take patches! Again that's something which Kasimier worked on
and a bit orphaned at this point.

Also, is this internal feature added
mainly for performance and for reducing memory usage?

  to be able to stream XSD validation without keeping trees around.

Is the current implementation based on some finite state machine
approach with some path sharing?

  based on automatas, see pattern.c in the sources.

Daniel