Re: [xml] Line ending style on Windows

On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 07:22:12PM +0200, Rob Laveaux wrote:

I'm using the Windows binaries of libxml as provided by Igor
Zlatkovic (version 2.6.26).

When I call xmlSaveFormatFileEnc it saves the XML file using line feeds.
Is it possible to configure the line ending style to carriage return
+ line feed?

  No, 1/ XML parser must convert on input
         http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#sec-line-ends
      2/ when serializing an XML toolkit won't add extra characters to
         the document

Clearly XML tools should have no problem processing the output and
libxml2 behaviour is the correct one.

Daniel