[xml] Re: Updated xsltproc manpage, patch attached

Am Donnerstag, den 06.04.2006, 10:22 +0200 schrieb Daniel Veillard:
On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 12:52:29AM +0200, Daniel Leidert wrote:

[..]
Ok. Now 3 patches are attached :)

  Hum, the URL used for the stylesheet in the patch is not in the
catalogs installed on Red Hat and Fedora. I don't think that referencing
a snapshot version which will lead to divergence and can't be sanely
packaged locally is a good idea. Moreover this is a redirected URL.

Right. But it redirects to the same URL. I thought, that you don't use a
local version by default, because the manpages are already put into the
source. So I thought, changing to the snapshots is not a problem. When
the next release of docbook-xsl is made, they could safely changed to
the released version.

I don't think we can rely on something which is not a released version,
and switched back to
  http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl
except for that, patches are applied and commited,

There are some problems with the released versions (the upcoming version
really improves the manpage stylesheets). First the segmentedlist
element is not supported, so the diagnostics section will then be empty
atm. Mixing bold and italic elements does not work properly with the
released versions. Ditto for mixing group and arg elements, which can
lead to obscure results. Referencing a section (like I did in one of the
manpages) using the xref elemnt is also not supported in the released
versions. So if you decide to not use the snapshots for the moment, I
have to change back some stuff.

PS: Regarding your second mail, I send this answer to the lists, so we
can continue discussion there.

Regards, Daniel