[xml] Changes which might be required "Not converting names to lower-case in HTML parsing"
- From: GPN <gpn libxml gmail com>
- To: xml gnome org
- Subject: [xml] Changes which might be required "Not converting names to lower-case in HTML parsing"
- Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 19:25:52 +0530
I am working off release 2.6.22, and I am proposing the
following changes to the code.
- A new function xmlStrcaseEqual() might be required in
xmlstring.c, which can check if the current character
being parsed is between 'A' and 'Z', and if so compares
using casemap array as is done in xmlStrcasecmp().
- In htmlParseName(), the condition which checks if the
current character is upper-case, and which transforms
it needs to be removed. Name can be stored as it is.
- In other parts of the code (only in HTMLparser.c), the
comparsions using xmlStrEqual() for names, need to be
replaced by xmlStrcaseEqual().
I am assuming that pretty much all HTML related functionality
is contained within HTMLparser.c, and the core xml functions
need not change to accomodate this enhancement.
Any comments/ideas/suggestions are highly appreciated.
] [Thread Prev