[xml] libxml questions

Hello All,

Let me give brief introduction to the list... I am an active contributor
to LSB.. and currently working on LSB Desktop module and planning to
include libxml2 into it.

I have few starter questions...

1.  I saw recently group has released 2.6.22, to me which has minor
number change. so I am just wondering is there a guidelines which can
educate me how the released numbers are changed.

2.  I have gone through the release notes and seems to me library has
stable ABIs but just wanted to make sure that, when did library had an
ABI change? Which version is best candidate for making base for
standardization.. any plans to change ABI in near future?

3.  Does library has test suites developed for testing.. can someone
point me which is recommended one..

Thanks,
Nilesh