Re: [xml] c14n: "xmlns:xml" is removed

On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 05:03:56PM +0100, Joachim Bauch wrote:
Daniel Veillard wrote:
  Why ? This is actually bad practice...
Plus c14n rules are pretty strict and I guess they on-pupose ask to not
emit it (I guess I didn't double checked).

The problem is, I have code that generated checksums of XML documents by
hashing the c14n result.  Now this c14n result of my documents changed and
so the checksums differ...  Therefore it would be nice if I could add the
"xmlns:xml" manually before calculating my checksums.

Is there a way to do this?

  Not easilly. libxml2 API refuses to add a new xmlns:xml namespace
so you would have to add a new namespace and modify it then save...

Daniel