Re: [xml] c14n: "xmlns:xml" is removed

Daniel Veillard wrote:
the c14n-code of libxml2 2.6.22 (and maybe older versions too) seems to omit the
declaration of the default "xml" namespace.

 I think it's normal. The declaration is in effect by default adding it
is purely superfluous.

thanks, I found out by re-reading the c14n recommendation as pointed out by
Richard Salz.

  Why ? This is actually bad practice...
Plus c14n rules are pretty strict and I guess they on-pupose ask to not
emit it (I guess I didn't double checked).

The problem is, I have code that generated checksums of XML documents by
hashing the c14n result.  Now this c14n result of my documents changed and
so the checksums differ...  Therefore it would be nice if I could add the
"xmlns:xml" manually before calculating my checksums.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
  Joachim

--