Re: [xml] Problems building libxml2 when files are read-only (because of source control)

Ok, I think I figured out what's causing my problems....

First of all it looks like COPYING, include/libxml/xmlversion.h,
python/setup.py and libxml2.spec should not be included as part of the
distribution tarball.  Running "make distclean" deletes these files
(except for COPYING) and configure recreates them all.

Removing these 4 files from our source control system allows "configure"
to run successfully without errors.

The final issue is with config.h.in, it turns out this problem was
caused by the import into ClearCase which reset the modification dates
of all the files.  This caused "make" to assume config.h.in was
out-of-date, causing it to try and recreate it with the following errors:

cd . && /bin/sh /my_source_control_directory/xml2/missing --run autoheader
aautoheader: WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h',
`config.h.bot'
autoheader: WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for
`config.h.in'
autoheader: WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.
autoheader:
autoheader: WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
autoheader: WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows to define a template
without
autoheader: WARNING: `acconfig.h':
autoheader:
autoheader: WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_FUNC_MAIN], 1,
autoheader:             [Define if a function `main' is needed.])
autoheader:
autoheader: WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced,
see the
autoheader: WARNING: documentation.
rm -f stamp-h1
touch config.h.in
touch: cannot touch `config.h.in': Permission denied
make: *** [config.h.in] Error 1

Failing, because config.h.in still in the source control system and is
readonly.  Bumping the modification date on config.h.in in our source
control system avoids this error.

Hope this info is helpful....

Greg