Re: [xml] Problems building libxml2 when files are read-only (because of source control)

On 10/28/05, greg_corson playstation sony com
<greg_corson playstation sony com> wrote:

Most configure scripts are fine with this setup, but for libxml2 I'm
having problems.  It wants to modify the following files which are
included in the distribution:

include/libxml/xmlversion.h
python/setup.py
COPYING
libxml2.spec
config.h.in

But it can't do it because the files are readonly.  Anyone have a
solution to this?  (chmod-ing or checking out the files before building
isn't an option)

Just remove these files from-under version control.  These files are
generated by configure.

  include/libxml/xmlversion.h -- generated from include/libxml/xmlversion.h.in
  python/setup.py -- python/setup.py.in
  COPYING -- on systems that supports symlinks is not a file at all,
      but symlink to Copyright
  libxml2.spec -- generated from libxml.spec.in

  config.h.in -- it's another case.  It generated by autoheader by scanning
      configure.in, but I have no idea why it modified by regular configure
      operations (rebuilding of configure & Co isn't counted).
      May be you have meant config.h, not config.h.in?

--
Andrew W. Nosenko <andrew w nosenko gmail com>