Re: [xml] libxml2 tests

On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 12:13 -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 09:01:35AM -0700, Manish Marathe wrote:
Yes they are, thanks for that. Can anyone please let me know if I just
add tests number for runtest, runsuite and testapi and say that there
total 298787 (2608 + 32064 + 264115) tests for libxml2 ?

  A number of test is not a good metric. You should not count testapi
as such, it just exercises all library call to check against crashes
or memory leaks. You should read what test code do and understand it before
trying to use this as an assertion of usefulness or code coverage !

  Yes, libxml2 has regession test code
  But you still need to understand what it does before complaining
about change in those regression or trying to generate quality or
regression statements based on the behaviour of running those tests.

Daniel

Thank you very much. Can you also throw some light on the tests for
libxslt. Well I understand that just the number would not be a good
metric. So for libxslt I executed the "make full" in the tests dir which
executed doc_tests too along with the test target but it would be great
if we would know that these are the real good tests for libxslt and then
finally the number of those real good tests.

Thanks for your help.