Re: [xml] XML regression test cases...

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 11:54:47AM -0700, Jain, Nilesh wrote:
 I think runtest might be a good fit for the runtime tests, but it
requires
quite a bit of data, and results may still deviate a bit over time
(sometimes
serialization changes), it at least ensure most of the main APIs are
working
correctly.

If these test are checking the behavior of specified ABI, then why
result deviates assuming ABI are stable.

  I will try to take an example putting this in parallel. If you were testing
the Mozilla rendering on a set of complex HTML pages, would you consider
failure to match an exact rendering at the pixel level for those pages
to be wrong. Obviously no! This is the same for libxml2 processing on some
complex processin/transformations, it will usually give exactly the same
output on two runs in different environemnt, but failure to do so doesn't
mean it's broken.

Daniel