Re: [xml] API documentation per version of libxml?

Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 06:21:08PM -0500, Jeremy Enos wrote:

Hi-
I used the documentation on xmlsoft.org to write the code I needed for a
parser.  On my test machine, I had libxml2 2.6.x installed.  Now I'm
running into requests to make it back-compatible with version 2.5.10.
Functions like xmlReadMemory, and xmlReaderForFile don't exist in
2.5.10.  What are my alternative options?

  Hum, the reader may not exist on 2.5 (I can't remember).

So there's no such thing as an xmlTextReaderPtr in 2.5?  :(  That's making my re-write much larger scale than I thought.

Is there a snapshot of the API documentation that I could look at which
dates back to version 2.5.10, or any specific version, for that matter?
It seems like that would be critically necessary in order to code for it.

  grab the 2.5.10 release tarball it should be in doc/

At least in 2.5.4, the documentation simply links straight to xmlsoft.org, so that's creating a roadblock there.
thx-

    Jeremy