RE: [xml] Which interfaces should be put into LSB?

Hi Daniel,
        A clarification is I think needed here.

Historically LSB has been producing headers for application developers
to use. These headers do not include all the interfaces/symbols not part
of LSB (deprecated, experimental etc. as you helped us identify in the
past). The question really is not about interfaces (as that problem is
mostly resolved; so no restart of discussion etc.). Question is around
what headers should an application really use. Let me give an example
here. For GTK libraries there are more than 100 headers supplied by
upstream but only handful (the top level ones) are really meant to be
used by application developers. So what LSB does, is supply only those
headers in its build environment. These headers is what apps will/should
be using anyway as upstream does not guarantee the names and contents of
others will remain same.

Is that the case for libxml2? Or all the 40 or so headers supplied are
meant for application developers? If so, LSB build environment will
provide all those headers minus the ones for non-LSB interfaces. These
headers typically are similar (or same in many cases) to what upstream
provides.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks,

-Rajesh

PS. The subject for the thread should be which headers should be visible
to application developers and not interfaces...