RE: [xml] HTML parsing problem (choking on embedded HTML tags) still exists for me

Hi Bruce

Thanks for your insights. I'm aware that Daniel really understands and
enforces even the nasty details of the specs (as opposed to me). That is why
libxml is actually what the world wants.

But rather than ending with </script> (or </style>), they end
at the first </[a-zA-Z]
See
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/appendix/notes.html#notes-specifying-data
So, according to the spec, your example is illegal; it should contain
<\/HEAD> and <\/HTML>

That is great input indeed! Thanks.

There is no sense in trying to process illegal HTML.

Cyrill