Re: [xml] xmlTextReaderReadOuterXml and xmlTextReaderReadInnerXml

Daniel,

I can't take too much credit for the code that is here, I went searching
for implimentations of these two functions and found them here:
http://viewcvs.globus.org/viewcvs.cgi/libxml2/

The code that was in HEAD for xmlreader.c did not work on my first try, the
function xmlTextReaderSkip() seems to break the xmlTextReaderOuterXml()
function.

Here is a modified version of the xmlTextReaderOuterXml() function
addressing some of the changes you suggested:
The new version does not allocate a new doc, and it uses the buff->content
as the return instead of allocating a new one.

xmlChar *
xmlTextReaderReadOuterXml(xmlTextReaderPtr reader ATTRIBUTE_UNUSED) {
    xmlChar *                           resbuf;
    xmlNodePtr                          node;
    xmlBufferPtr                        buff;
    xmlDocPtr                           doc;

    node = reader->node;
    doc = reader->doc;
    xmlTextReaderExpand(reader);
    node = xmlDocCopyNode(node, doc, 1);
    buff = xmlBufferCreate();
    xmlNodeDump(buff, doc, node, 0, 0);

    resbuf = buff->content;
    buff->content = NULL;

    xmlFreeNode(node);
    xmlBufferFree(buff);
    return resbuf;
}

You were right, the xmlTextReaderInnerXml() function was the same as the
outer one, that was my fault, I screwed up the copy/paste.  I'm trying to
get it working, but I'm new to the libxml APIs besides the reader API, so
there is a lot of investigation on my part going on.

Thanks,

James Wert Jr.
JWert ILSTechnology com

|         |           Daniel Veillard  |
|         |           <veillard redhat |
|         |           com>             |
|         |           05/23/2005 04:33 |
|         |           veillard         |