[xml] Error handling

Hello,

I am using LibXML for the system I am working on. It is a well written library and easy-to-use. I used libxml heavily in my source code. Only thing I am left with is regarding error handling. Seems like libxml prints all errors into stderr. For example, if a XML document has invalid entries, it catches the error and prints into stderr. But I want to capture that error message and send the error message to the user via email.

I want to know how I can capture the error message and put into a buffer. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Of couse, any example would be good, too.

Thanks.