Re: [xml] controlling xpath streaming

On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 01:24:46AM +0400, Oleg A. Paraschenko wrote:

  getting coredump in malloc is a programmer's nightmare, and my
application does so after recent update of libxml/libxslt from CVS.
Unfortunately, I can't produce a test case. But I can say that the problem
sometimes appears when I use namespaces (ctxt->nsNr, ctxt->namespaces) in
xmlXPathContextPtr, and when an XPath expression is streamable.

  Fortunately, I found a workaround which works for me. In the file
"xpath.c", I deleted the following code fragment:

  The question is: would you please add a parameter to the configure
script to control whether to use XPath streaming or not?

  I disagree. It's likely a bug. I want the bug fixed, not people
working around the bug using yet another tweaking interface.
Did you checked Mark Vakoc recent patch ?

Daniel Veillard      | Red Hat Desktop team