Re: [xml] processes and threading with xmlInitParser()

Peter Barrie wrote:
Using libxml2-2.6.9

I'm using multiple processes under QNX. Each process may have multiple
threads. All processes use dynamic linking to libxml2-2.6.9. What would
be best practice for using xmlInitParser() and xmlCleanupParser() in
this situation?  No code other than mine will make use of libxml. I've
looked through the archives, but the multiple process issue is not
discussed specifically. Maybe no different to the multiple thread
issue?

Multiple processes are not an issue, as the libxml parser does not use
any interprocess resources (like pipes, semaphores, or shared memory).

All you need to concern yourself with is multiple threads.