Re: [xml] memory allocation errors

On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 06:10:26PM +0000, Igor Kapitanker wrote:
I 've bult an application, which parses xml documents sent via TCP/IP
verifying it against xsd schema. I am using libxml2-2.6.17. All is
well til I get an error message like:
  1/ first try to update to 2.6.18
  2/ XSD is still somewhat new, there may be leaks, probably depends
     on the schemas
  3/ finding leaks is possible with xmllint, see
     http://xmlsoft.org/xmlmem.html#Debugging

[...]
application has crashed  at this point. Should I report it as a bug?

  Report the bug only if you can isolate as in 3/ otherwise we just can't
handle it anyway without ways to reproduce.

It is reproducible in my prod environment once a day. I can not

  We cannot debug memory exhaustion, but we can debug leaks
on given examples, especially if xmllint can show them.

Daniel