[xml] IDREF/IDREFS attribute are not validated in xml Schema or RelaxNG

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 07:07:07 -0500, Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 12:57:14PM +0100, GUY Fabrice wrote:
Hi,

I don't know if it's in the TODO list or if it's a bug, but IDREF (and
IDREFS) are not validated using xmlSchema or RelaxNG : if an IDREF
attribute has a value which is not carried by an ID attribute, the
document still validates.

  strange, I though I tested that for Relax-NG ...

Ouuuups ! You are right ! To test the IDREF attribute with RelaxNG I
took the docbook_0.xml test case and put an incorrect value in an
IDREF attribute...but this attribute was in a CDATA section and this
change didn't modify the validity of the document which I thought it
was a bug.
Sorry for that !

I can provide a test case if you want some.

  yes, bugzilla please !

I entered a new bug in bugzilla with a test case for schemas
containing an incorrect IDREF attribute.

Regards,

Fabrice