[xml] Question on licensing of libxml2

Hi --

I know that the libxml2 project is licensed under MIT. However, there are a small handful of files that appear to be using variants of the MIT license and I was wondering if there was a reason for that. Specifically the files are trio.c, trio.h, triop.h, hash.c, list.c, triodef.h, trionan.c and trionan.h. These files contain different copyright statements and all the following license:

* Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software for any
* purpose with or without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above
* copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies.
*
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ``AS IS'' AND WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED
* WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
* MERCHANTIBILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE AUTHORS AND
* CONTRIBUTORS ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY IN ANY CONCEIVABLE MANNER.

which looks to be a slightly reworded, abbreviated version of the MIT license. Is there any particular reason these files have this specific license? I just want to be certain that these files are not exceptions to the MIT licensing the rest of the project falls under.

Regards,
Jeff