Re: [xml] Working on standalone regression testing

On 6/28/05, Stefan Kost <ensonic hora-obscura de> wrote:
two notes for that. Do you know the check project [3]. I use this unit-test
suite in my projects. One good thing is the sandbox. That is it runs tests in a
sandbox (fork) and if one test crashes, the other tests continue to run.

I've used check for Expat, and it's pretty cool.  One thing we did run
into was that it's commonly not installed, so people would have
problems running the tests.  It also doesn't run on all interesting
platforms (at the time, it didn't run on Windows; that may have
changed since).

I ended up writing code that implemented the portions of the check API
that I used for Expat tests and using that when the library wasn't
available, and then I ended up using that all the time to avoid
variation from the test harness.

Still, it's a good tool; I definately liked working with it, and the
sandboxing is nice.

  -Fred

Zope Corporation