Re: [xml] Linker error Compiling off the HEAD

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 10:31:49AM -0400, jwert ilstechnology com wrote:
Hello List,

When compiling off the head, I am getting errors during the make:

./.libs/libxml2.so: undefined reference to `pthread_key_create'
./.libs/libxml2.so: undefined reference to `pthread_setspecific'
[...]

My end goal is to build libxml2 without modules or zlib (as you can see
above), it appears the 2.6.19 build is healthy, but the head lost its link
to the pthread library and is having linking problems.  I tried to look for
differences, but configure scripts are still black magic to me.

Any ideas?

  1/ did you ./autogen.sh ?
  2/ if yes what options
  3/ what platform ?
  4/ what compiler ?

libxml2 now uses weak symbols to link to pthreads only if the final app
is threaded and not force the thread dependancy systematically to the apps.

Daniel