Re: [xml] DTD Validation with out Regular Expressions

On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 05:02:06AM -0000, SATISH  KUMAR wrote:
      Please let me know whether Regular Expression and Automata modules are required for DTD Validation or
these are Optional, because after disabling these flags also Libxml is validating the XML documents(i tried
few examples).

  libxml2 used to have a different DTD validation engine before I implemented
regexps. That's what we used for a couple of years, if you configure without
regexp it will fallback to that code. It may make the library code smaller
but that code has less testing and is not really maintained nowadays. It
may work for your purposes but it's not the preferred nor default option.

Daniel