=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re:_[xml]_Schemas_parser_error:_when_using_libxml2_to_pars?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?e_the=09schema_of_SOAP_1.2?=

Hi,

Von: Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com>
Datum: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 08:54:51 -0400

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 06:48:16PM +0800, Gloria Yang wrote:
Dear all:

I am using libxml2 with the schema of SOAP1.2 to validate SOAP message
http://www.w3.org/2002/12/soap-envelope/

And I got an error message like:

soap2002.xsd:88: element field: Schemas parser error :
Element '{http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema}field',
attribute 'xpath': The XPath expression '@xml:lang' could not be
compiled.

Is there anything wrong?

  Apparently. Potentially libxml2 could not compile your schema, it maybe
a libxml2 bug.

What should I do?

  Wait until Kasimier comes back from vacations (3 weeks), or chase the
problem yourself. In any case a reduced reproductible test case in

:-) Bad weather started punctually one hour before I left work last
week; my vacations are somehow wired directly proportional to cloud
producing phenomenons. So I'm sitting here and trying to learn a bit
about the Debian system (with Martin F. Krafft's book - it's great!).
Daniel, believe it or not, I'm at _home_ and am writing this through
a Gnome desktop :-) Hope to deminish my reputation as a
Linux-dumbass by a couple of percent points; guess I'm at 70% dumbass
level now :-)

bugzilla
is the best way to make sure the problem will be looked at (we will not
guess what is your schemas, what is your instance or go though a huge
schemas
to find the actual problem, that is *your* job as a bug reporter).
   Reading and following http://xmlsoft.org/bugs.html indications is what
you should do.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

The bug is in xmlschemas.c, xmlSchemaCheckCSelectorXPath(),
where a list of in-scope namespaces is build; this relies on
xmlGetNsList(), which does not incude the XML namespace, thus
xmlPatterncompile() chokes on the "xml" prefix being not bound to
a namespace. Should we add the XML namespace on
the schema side or change the behaviour of xmlGetNsList() ?

Greetings,

Kasimier