Re: [xml] [patches] static linking on win32 with static cruntimes

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 03:58:50PM -0500, Joel Reed wrote:
On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 07:04:41PM -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:

snip

I think defaulting to file descriptor based low level access and avoiding
FILE pointer as much as possible would be a general nice enhancement where
needed, I remember something with some verions of UNIX having ridiculously
low number of simultaneous FILE opened for a given process.

i agree but am wondering how this would fit with no-(api/api) changes
policy... all new APIs using file descriptors?

  no but making sure when we provide a path to a file that all I/O are done
through fds not FILEs.

also, while on topic of APIs, the fact that extension registeration
functions don't take the hash to register the extension in as an
argument, but instead register to global xmlHashes means folks wanting
to using plugins MUST dynamically link libxslt into the plugin.
would we ever want to fix that? not sure...

  I'm not sure I understand :-)

Daniel