Re: [xml] Probs with xmlCtxtReadFile() !!

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 05:55:43PM +0100, Ronny Seemann wrote:
Libxm2 is included to our linux kernel from a partner company.

  In the linux *kernel* ????

When they have to upgrade libxml2, the hole software of the device
must be validate. This is not only expensive but also claimed a lot of time.

  Assuming I manage to take one hour of my free time to work on libxml2,
what is the best for the project:
   1/ chase your specific problem an make a backporting patch to whatever
      version you are using
   2/ spend that time improving current state for the main trunk

 Obviously 2/ takes over. Work like 1/ is a service around the open-source
project and possibly an opportunity to grow some business for people who
know the library well. Backporting fixes are one of the most onerous
tasks of software maintainance.

I believe you that xmlCtxtReadFile works correct in the current version.
I tested it successful locally by myself. I just wanted to know if someone can
remember a bug in version 2.6.11, because i couldt find any hints on
xmlsoft.org.

  Okay, I can't remember anything specific. It's a general validation bug
apparently. Fix may drill down up to the regexp engine or something more simple
I have no idea where this can be, getting there is quite a bit of work.

Thanks for the assistance, even if it is arduous with me.
I wish a beautiful weekend.

  heh, thanks !

Daniel