Re: [xml] Probs with xmlCtxtReadFile() !!

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 11:21:28AM +0100, Ronny Seemann wrote:
I also tried
      xmllint --valid --noout ACK.R01.xml
from the command line.

With XML_1 I get:     no error
With XML_2 I get:     ACK.R01.xml:1: element HDR: validity error : Element HDR
[...]
Does anyone have an idea what is wrong?

  I already stated on this list that for me xmllint *was* reporting an error
with XML_1, and asking you to upgrade *first* before making further report.

   http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xml/2005-January/msg00223.html
   http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xml/2005-January/msg00184.html

You did not reply (publicly) to my mail, and instead repost basically the same
informations as in your first mail. What's the point of me replying to you
if you ignore what I say ? Or did I missed something ?

And to confirm *once again* that no I cannot reproduce this behaviour with
the current version:

paphio:~/tmp -> cat ACK.R01.dtd
<!ELEMENT ACK.R01 (HDR, ACK)>

<!ELEMENT HDR (HDR.message?, HDR.control, HDR.version,
HDR.creation, HDR.encoding?)>

<!ELEMENT ACK (ACK.type, ACK.ack_control, ACK.note?,
ACK.error_detail?)>

paphio:~/tmp -> vi ACK.R01.xml
paphio:~/tmp -> cat ACK.R01.dtd
<!ELEMENT ACK.R01 (HDR, ACK)>

<!ELEMENT HDR (HDR.message?, HDR.control, HDR.version,
HDR.creation, HDR.encoding?)>

<!ELEMENT ACK (ACK.type, ACK.ack_control, ACK.note?,
ACK.error_detail?)>

paphio:~/tmp -> cat ACK.R01.xml
<!DOCTYPE ACK.R01 SYSTEM "ACK.R01.dtd">
<ACK.R01>
        <HDR>
                <HDR.control/>
                <HDR.version/>
                <HDR.creation/>
        </HDR>
        <ACK>
        </ACK>
</ACK.R01>

paphio:~/tmp -> xmllint --valid --noout ACK.R01.xml
ACK.R01.xml:4: element HDR.control: validity error : No declaration for element HDR.control
                <HDR.control/>
                              ^
ACK.R01.xml:5: element HDR.version: validity error : No declaration for element HDR.version
                <HDR.version/>
                              ^
ACK.R01.xml:6: element HDR.creation: validity error : No declaration for element HDR.creation
                <HDR.creation/>
                               ^
ACK.R01.xml:9: element ACK: validity error : Element ACK content does not follow the DTD, expecting (ACK.type
, ACK.ack_control , ACK.note? , ACK.error_detail?), got ()
        </ACK>
              ^
paphio:~/tmp -> echo $?
4
paphio:~/tmp -> xmllint --version
xmllint: using libxml version 20617
   compiled with: DTDValid FTP HTTP HTML C14N Catalog XPath XPointer XInclude Iconv Unicode Regexps Automata
Schemas Modules
paphio:~/tmp ->

  Now would you be so kind to simply, read my replies and follow the advices
you got back !!!

Daniel