Re: [xml] setting URL for xmlRelaxNGParserCtxt?

Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 05:39:56PM +0100, Martijn Faassen wrote:

[snip]
Both approaches have a problem I can't seem to figure my way out of:

  So don't do it.

I'm not going to do it any time soon, just running it by you to see whether I comprehend it now or whether there was an approach I missed. It looks rather hopeless to periodically clean up dictionaries in the library I'm building, so I'll just hope it won't become a big issue. I don't expect it to start taking up a lot of space except in your aforementioned ID case. There aren't that many different tagnames and namespace URIs in the world, after all.

The strings in the original dictionary (or the strings not known to the dictionary anymore if the dictionary has been 'shrunk') will still be

  You can't 'shrunk' a dictionnary, there is no way you can tell whether
a given string need to be kept or discarded.

Right, I said it longer but that's my conclusion.

  But you can ask a dictionnary if it owns a string pointer really fast.

It's definitely an interesting thing to consider for a fast Python string lookup hash table.

Thanks for the info!

Regards,

Martijn