Re: [xml] Warning: upcoming release

Joel Reed wrote:
I'm currently fighting with the auto* tools to get a .so built
without installing it (which i can't get automake/libtool to do).
noinst_LTLIBRARIES only seem to build .a's and .la's, not .so's.

Not sure if I understood your question, but the shared libraries are built in the ".libs" directory.

If you want to link to built libraries without installing them, simply link directly to the .la file in Makefile.am. Libtool will do some magic and replace your non-installed binaries with wrappers to use the libraries in ".libs".
--
Leonardo Boiko