Re: [xml] Warning: upcoming release

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 09:43:15AM -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:
  I was asked to warn in case I planned to make a release, since
the module and regexp/schemas extensions have been integrated,
I will likely make a new release over the week-end. We did some
testing on HP-UX and Linux, AIX should be done tomorrow, but
more reports on Solaris and the various Windows setups would be
welcome if you want fixes before the release :-)
   http://xmlsoft.org/sources/libxml2-cvs-snapshot.tar.gz

I'd like to note I'm working on a test case for xslt-plugins
(besides libxslt-plugin-regexp :-)

I'm currently fighting with the auto* tools to get a .so built
without installing it (which i can't get automake/libtool to do).
noinst_LTLIBRARIES only seem to build .a's and .la's, not .so's.

Anyone know the magic to make this happen?

If that proves impossible, I will probably tell automake to
install the test plugin .so somewhere in $(top_builddir). Suggestions
welcome as to where in $(top_builddir).

jr