Re: [xml] (no subject)

This is not really a libxml2 problem, but rather a general problem of linking
and loading with shared libraries.  However, because this seems to be a
frequent problem for users, I have added an item in the FAQ file
http://xmlsoft.org/FAQ.html explaining one method to accomplish it (see the
second question under "Developer").  Note that there are many other ways, but
hopefully this one will work for most users.

HTH,

Bill

Sameer Tilak said:
Hi All,

I am trying to use libxml to parse a buffer. I have linked it to
libxml. Our sys add has installed an older version of libxml in
/usr/lib (2.24). I have installed libxml version 2.26 in my home
directory.

-L~/libxml2-2.6.16/.libs -lxml2

and also I have added it to my LD_LIBRARY variable

setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH ~/libxml22.6.16/.libs/:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

Its compiles and links fine.

But now when I run my application, I get the following error:

relocation error: ../../app: undefined symbol: xmlReadMemory

Is still it trying to use the older library version during runtime ?
If so, how should I get rid of this problem ?

Any help on this would be great.

Regards,
--ST