Re: [xml] Namespace issue with empty element using SAX (patch)

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 04:21:33PM -0500, Rob Richards wrote:
I ran into an issue when an empty element declares a namespace, the
namespace doesnt get popped off the stack correctly.
i.e.:
<root>
   <foo xmlns="abc" />
   <bar />
</root>

bar ends up in the abc namespace.

  It always amazes me how monstruous bugs like this manage to fell
through the cracks and stay unnoticed for so long, impressive ! Can
be trivially reproduced with xmllint --push ...
  If you have found other problems like that, please post them :-)

The following patch pops the namespace for empty elements.

  Didn't work fine for me, I made a slightly different (and I hope
correct) using nsPop(ctxt, ctxt->nsNr - nsNr) . I also added the
test case to the regression tests,

  thanks a lot !

Daniel