Re: [xml] [patch] DSO/Module support via libltdl

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 08:41:29PM +0100, Bjorn Reese wrote:
Daniel Veillard wrote:

 okay, you mean adding the extra flag ? Or the change related to
the NULL handling I didn't grasped. It's in CVS, I take patches
or instructions detailing the precise change you would like to see :-)

The NULL handling stuff (basically, NULL is a valid symbol address
in the dlopen() interfacem and possibly shl_findsym() too.)

I have attached a patch, which contains the API changes. I also

  okay, seems to me then that an error code should be returned
if symbol is NULL, 

took the opportunity to clean up the code a little, add more
references, and to fix two minor bugs (an incorrect variable
for the second shl_findsym, and an off-by-one buffer for

I also think that some of the parameters for __xmlRaiseError()
looks suspecious. First, I would have expected additional arguments
when the msg parameter contains %s. Second, I believe that the
second __xmlRaiseError() in xmlModuleSymbol() should be 'name',
not 'symbol'. I changed the latter, but as I am not familiar
with __xmlRaiseError(), somebody ought to verify it.

  yes fixed too, some XML_MODULE_OPEN needed to be renamed XML_MODULE_CLOSE
too, and removal of some extra 0 parameters not needed.
I also had to fix testModule.c to follow the new API,

  thanks, applied and commited !


Daniel Veillard      | Red Hat Desktop team
veillard redhat com  | libxml GNOME XML XSLT toolkit | Rpmfind RPM search engine

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]